The guiche piercing is made horizontally at the base of the scrotum, through the perineum. Healing takes four to six months. Attaching weights to this piercing is said to be extremely stimulating. An outward facing fold of loose skin is optimum for this piercing. This area is flat on most men, which increases the risk of migration or rejection.
- Captive bead rings in 12 to 10 gauge and 9/16" to 5/8" in diameter.
- Ring diameter should be at least 1/4" or 6.5mm wider than the width of the piercing.
- No more than a quarter of the ring should be through the piercing.
- Guiche piercings can swell considerably during the first 4 to 6 weeks, so the ring must be wide enough to accommodate the anticipated swelling.
- Circular barbells may have a tendency to unscrew with friction from walking.